I have sat down to write a blog countless times in the past month. Each time I tried to quiet my mind and grasp the things I've been experiencing here, but the shear juxtaposition of emotions involved became a bit overwhelming. I've had several "in the cloud" moments as well as a few rock bottom ones. I promise I'll try and get some thoughts down soon, but until then a quick list will have to suffice:
- Training I put together was successful
- Host father passed away suddenly (this was very difficult)
- Intense riots in my neighborhood (destroyed buildings, tire burnings, fires, tear gas, beatings, rock throwing, theft, car running over people)
- Staying busy with work and loving it
That's the gist of it. I promise that once I can comprehensibly order my thoughts on paper you all will get details. I miss and love you all.
.:Peace:.

9 comments:
Nod, I'm so sorry to hear about your host dad. Sounds like you have a lot going on. Look forward to more info when you can write. Sending hugs from Ireland!
wow thats pretty intense!! I have heard stories of host parents (mainly fathers) passing away suddenly... im sorry for your lost because i know they become your family...now as for the riots uh i take it peace corps feels like you are safe otherwise i would think they might move you (but i realize that would be really hard too)... miss you friend! <3 <3 <3
I think of you often! And consequently pray for you often.
There are a lot of people all over the planet who can't wait to be near you. I read something beautiful recently that made me think of my friend in Senegal:
Holy Ground
Nod, I'm so sorry that family and community are going through so much turmoil right now. I can only imagine the ways that it is impacting you. We will be praying for you as you press on to encourage and rebuild what has been destroyed there. We love and miss you.
stay strong buddy. you've got a ton of people praying for you.
Oh Jared... just come home and i will take care of you ... I will just give you a run down of whats going on here so when you want to be home just close your eyes and think of this and you can pretend that you are back.... Okay so the leaves are falling off of the trees its cold at night and warm during the days..perfect. they are starting to pick cotton so now the roads are scattered with little fluffy poofs of cotton. Its getting darker earlier in the days and you can here the slight whisper of the excitement of the fastly approaching holiday of... HALLOWEEN. People are decorating their homes with pumpkins and lights more this year than last year. A slight breeze blows every once and while that cools down the hottest times of the day. Life is basically at ease with mother nature. ..... I hope this helps. Love yon talk to you later ... miss you.
oh one more thing daniel and sarah are having another little girl due a month after ninzie.... Her name will be melanie... Also today is chris's and baby brooklin's first b-day!!! They all say hi and they miss you and we are all thinking of you!
wow. you are a master at the art of being concise.
Post a Comment