one last adventure

5:39 PM at 5:39 PM


As one last major weekend adventure before I started my new job, myself and some camp people (Champ, Wolf, Diddy and Shep) went up to Yosemite for some crazy snow fun. All of this actually went down the weekend before I went to Lompoc, but I wanted to wait until I had pics to post.

We stayed at a cabin on Bass Lake and the first day we drove up Beashore for some hardcore sledding. We christened the $12 "Titanic" by riding it right down the steep road, straight into a ramp we built. All I have to say is.......tailbone. Ouch. But tons of fun none the less. I was amazed by the amount of snow everywhere. After some amazing runs we drove down the mountain and had dinner at a great mexican place in North Fork. While we were there a HUGE storm came in with intense thunder and lightning. Lots more snow got dumped right down on us. Amazing night.

The next day we went into Yosemite Valley and stood in awe at the tranquil beauty. We visited the ice rink, watched a info video in Yosemite Village on the history of the valley and chilled with hot chocolate in the beautiful Awannee Hotel. The day was concluded with a great board game (Settlers) and movie. It's always hard to leave your favorite place, but I was looking forward to some time at home. So, after I left Bass Lake, I drove home for BIKE GANG, good food, and amazing family. Overall, amazing weekend. That means I've had two in a row. Man, I'm blessed. We will see how they continue to look while I work at Hillview. (My first day is this sunday!) Oh, and here are some more pics from Yosem.....




0 comments: